beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español Draw 1.4 Million Viewers for “EL CLÁSICO”
America’s love affair with soccer continues. More sports fans are drawn to the world’s greatest sport.
Soccer News: Sports Network’s Exclusive Coverage of the LaLiga Clash Continues Winning Streak Among U.S. Audiences
beIN SPORTS shared the network’s ratings following the highly anticipated “El Clásico” matchup between LaLiga archrivals, FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid, which aired on May 6 live from Camp Nou Stadium in Barcelona, Spain.
While the match between the Spanish giants may have ended in a 2-2 tie, the clear winner is the business of soccer in America. While Ronaldo may have left the field before the final whistle and the back and forth action failed to thrill fans who wanted a clear victor, viewership numbers tell the real story of success.
Who wants to miss Lionel Messi or Gareth Bale finding the back of the net?
According to Nielsen Media Research, the broadcast averaged more than 1.4 million total viewers (P2+) across both networks.
“El Clásico” also dominated on social media, reaching an average of 155k people per post with nearly 10MM impressions and 3.4MM engagements on Facebook and Twitter.
For those skeptics who wonder if America will ever become a great soccer nation, it is now a question of when and not if. Americans are clearly falling in love with the beautiful game and as our own on-field performance improves, the passion should only increase.
Highlights of the ratings include:
- The combo audience of El Clásico on beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español had an audience of 1,400,364 P2+ viewers
- El Clásico on beIN SPORTS en Español ranked #1 among Adults 18-49 with 677,697 viewers and Men 18-49 with 480,000 viewers among all cable sports networks regardless of language
- El Clásico was the #1 sports program for the entire day among all Spanish-language Sports Networks
- Compared to the previous El Clásico on December 23, 2017 this was up 77% among P2+ viewers
Social Media Highlights:
- On Facebook and Twitter, El Clásico posts reached an average of 155k people per post with 10MM impressions and 3.4MM engagements, up 6% from December 23, 2017
- El Clásico posts delivered a total of 2.2MM video views on the day of the event
Editorial photo credit: / Shutterstock.com