Youth Soccer News: Chill SBC Soccer Club has announced coach Wayne Harrison as itsnew Executive Director of the club.
Thirteen other coaches have committed to the Chill’s future direction with the exciting new partnership with GPS and FC Bayern Munich. Harrison is a highly-educated and qualified professional Soccer Technical Director and head coach with vast professional soccer playing and coaching knowledge.
He has professional experience at the senior, youth and college level coaching. Harrison is also a highly published successful author of many coaching and training books, DVDs and developmental curriculums for players and coaches. His goal is to provide guidance for coaches, players and parents of the game.
Extensive first team head coaching experience: 1st team coaching in over 250 senior games over seven years in England.
In youth development, Harrison is a self-employed consultant and owner of Soccer Awareness Professional Training Programs. This is a developmental Training Company focusing on “pure” teaching and training that he established in 1996.
Surf Soccer Club DOC:
Wayne was previously involved in several roles with San Diego Surf Soccer Club. As well as being their Technical Director, he was the DOC to the Boys’ Program and the Development Academy. He also served as head coach for the U16 and U18 Academy teams and was a driving force behind the Surf Affiliate Club and Surf Camp programs.
Prior to his Surf Soccer position, Wayne was DOC for Eden Prairie Soccer Club in Minnesota for nine years. He created a very successful club in the region from very humble beginnings; and was well respected by the local and state soccer community winning many State titles from 2000 to 2009.
4. He holds a UEFA “A” License since 1996 and possesses the NSCAA Premier Diploma. He is a Staff Coach with the NSCAA.
5. He has a Degree in Sports Psychology and Applied Physiology. 1977 to 1980 Chester College.
6. He played professionally in England (Blackpool) and Finland (Oulu Palloseura) as well as representing Great Britain in the World Student games in Mexico in 1979.
7. Wayne has also been an English Football (Soccer) Association County Coaching Director and is the author of 14 very popular books on soccer coaching, including “Coaching the 4-2-3-1”, “Coaching Strikers”; “Soccer Awareness: Developing the Thinking Player”, “Players Roles and Responsibilities in the 4-4-2: Attacking and Defending”; and “Game Situational Training for Soccer”; also in Arabic; and his latest book “The FLEX: Coaching the 3-1-3-3”.
1. Wayne Harrison is renowned worldwide for his developmental coach and player education programs and is the creator of many age group related coaching programs / curriculums for players and coaches.
2. He presents at State, Regional and National educational coaching clinics throughout the USA, as well as presenting Professional Educational Coaching clinics in England, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates in the Middle East and in Japan as a delegate for the Abu Dhabi Sports Council, UAE.
3. Wayne is a proponent of the revolutionary and now successfully proven ONE-TOUCH training program to develop a quick playing and quick thinking mindset in the player. Soccer Awareness training for younger ages teaching enhanced fast self-thought, mirroring the Barcelona Academy ethos that learning the game begins “in the mind.”
7. Educational DVD clinic presentations at the Seattle / Washington Puget Soccer League Soccer Symposium in 2013, presenting his ideas on Awareness training and how to develop the 4-2-3-1 system of play.
8. Educational DVD clinic presentation at the NSCAA Convention 2015 on Dynamic Games to teach Movement OFF and AWAY from the ball.
9. Live Television Analyst. UAE Champions league October 2009 to October 2011.
Al Ain Professional Soccer Club UAE 2009 to 2011
1. Al Ain were the top professional academy in the country winning seven National professional Youth titles in two years using this training model.
2. To assess and appreciate the level of play, Al Ain beat Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Manchester United and Raja, the top club in Morocco, in tournaments at U15 and U16 age groups.
3. Wayne has had many documented successes in youth development and is well respected in the football world due to this. He transformed the method of play from primarily individually focused, to a 1 and 2 touch team style using the 4-2-3-1 but without losing the individuality of players.
Youth DOC Wayne Harrison’s record:
Marco Monte of Inter Milan was the Consultant for the Abu Dhabi Sports Council and he identified Al Ain as the Top Professional Academy in the UAE.
His official quotes were:
1. “They are well managed and organized by an excellent Director of Coaching Wayne Harrison whose objective is to improve work on the pitch as well as to help the boys develop and grow without the anxiety of achieving results”.
2. “The consultant is absolutely certain that the Al Ain club represents the model and Philosophy of youth football that can be the beacon for the other Emirati professional clubs. The club’s status with respect to technical affairs can be stated as the one closest to the standards of the best European clubs”. Report written in 2011 and available for inspection.